RE: Equation Editor. (fwd)

Subject: RE: Equation Editor. (fwd)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 19:05:10 CDT

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Caolan McNamara wrote:

> At 07:09 03.09.00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>
> >I though the everyone might interested in this exchange.
> >
> >Cheers
>
> The mathtype people have their file format on their site for ages, its a
> trivial format and StarOffice|OpenOffice implements importing and exporting
> to that format, I would think that the easiest for something like abi would
> be to just use MathML as the equation format (which we will be doing) and
> then optionally use the StarOffice equation editor module across the bonobo
> ole2like interface, wholia instant equation editor with mathtype
> import|export etc capabilities.

Hi Coalan,
         I agree that the Star Office equation editor offers a great place
to collaborate. It will appear on about the right time scale too. I'll
start worrying about it in ernest after 1.0 is out.

I've had a number of other interesting emails from Paul Topping. I believe
they've been cc'd to the gnome-components list if you're interested.

Cheers

Martin