Font problems with x-4.0.1

Subject: Font problems with x-4.0.1
From: Harald Hannelius (harald@iki.fi)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 01:21:59 CDT

Hi there,

since upgrading to X-4.0.1 from xfree.org I haven't been able to get
abiword running anymore. I debugged the problem down to being a font
problem. Here's what I get when the script tries to add abi-fonts to the
fontpath:

$ xset fp+ /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/
X Error of failed request: 86
  Major opcode of failed request: 51 (X_SetFontPath)
  Serial number of failed request: 9

I also tried running 'mkfontdir' in the fonts/ directory, but that didn't
help either. It just created an empty fonts.dir file.

Is this a problem I should be talking about on the xfree-forums instead?

Thank you for all help in this matter.

Harald H Hannelius | Harald@iki.fi | GSM +358405470870