Re: Font problems with x-4.0.1 (solved)

Subject: Re: Font problems with x-4.0.1 (solved)
From: David Nay (dnay@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 16:39:48 CDT

Bill,

You say you are running Mandrake 7.1? I just set up
my new system with the same distro, and when I tried
to compile AbiWord, I get a linker error saying that
lstdc++ cannot be found. This install is only a few
days old, with no new libs installed. Any thoughts
you may have? /usr/lib _does_ contain several
versions of libstdc++ object files, and I have run
ldconfig after deleting ld.so.cache. /usr/lib is
present in ld.so.conf.

Thanks,
Dave

I know....a little OT from this list =8-)

--- WJCarpenter <bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG> wrote:
> harald> Ok, it was a problem with X-4.0.1. It
> doesn't include
> harald> renderers for type1 fonts in the 'default'
> xf86config created
> harald> by the x-server. I had to add these lines to
> harald> /etc/X11/XF86Config:
>
> harald> Load "freetype" Load "type1" Load
> "speedo"
>
> harald> In order to get all my fonts working.
>
> harald> Sorry for the line-noise on your list :)
>
> Au contraire, there have been several postings about
> this problem on
> the abiword-users list. (I guess we didn't have any
> developers
> running XFree86 v4 ... I know my Mandrake 7.1 is
> still v3 series.)
> Now that Harold has figured it out, perhaps someone
> would add it to
> the AbiWord user FAQ? Harold, it would probably
> also be helpful if
> you re-posted your solution to the user list.
> --
> bill@carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter) PGP 0x91865119
> 38 95 1B 69 C9 C6 3D 25 73 46 32 04 69 D6 ED F3
>
> Buy my house in Woodinville (near Seattle):
> <http://www.johnlscott.com/57554>

=====
=8-D
Since I gave up hope, I feel much better.