RE: Proposed POW: Integrate Pspell

Subject: RE: Proposed POW: Integrate Pspell
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 18:54:13 CDT

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> > I don't think subclassing is a good idea. Instead I recommend using
> > conditional compiling. Further more I recommend that the conditional
> > compiling be though of a temporary measure until Pspell is ported to all the
> > platforms AbiWord supports. Pspell is suppose to archive the goal of
> > making spell checking cross platform. AbiWord should not have to do it.
>
> OK I buy that. Send in a patch with PSpell support. We build it with
> -WITH_PSPELL=1 or something. As PSpell gets more cross platform it
> eventually becomes the default. By the way I think it would be great to
> load the approriate spell hash file on the basis of the LANG environment
> variable too.

I don't know when I will get around to digging into the AbiWord source in
order to figure out the necessary changes as I am rather busy. It will be
a lot easier for someone already familiar with the AbuWord Spell Checker
code to add Pspell support as the Pspell interface is rather simple.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/