Re: BiDi on Windows - was it tested?

Subject: Re: BiDi on Windows - was it tested?
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 10:10:18 CDT

At 10:16 PM -0400 4/2/01, Tom Briggs wrote:
> The link for the BiDi release binary didn't work until just a minute
>ago (when I fixed it), so I dunno what file you downloaded and tried. I
>promise you that the one I just downloaded and tried had BiDi options
>though.

        No problem - I ended up building my own copy (with a bit of
help from Dom to get the command line options correct).

        The BiDi stuff DOES work on Windows - at least as far as it
goes. It does take the input glyphs and correctly order them -
unfortunately, it doesn't integrate with the input methods on Windows
correctly such that it gets the wrong charcodes and therefore
displays the wrong glyphs.

        I'll try to find some time to take a look at it...

LDR

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
Coola Signature: <http://signature.coola.com/?leonardr@lazerware.com>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65