Re: BiDi on Windows - was it tested?

Subject: Re: BiDi on Windows - was it tested?
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 15:23:07 CDT

At 8:20 PM +0100 4/3/01, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> > The BiDi stuff DOES work on Windows - at least as far as it
>> goes. It does take the input glyphs and correctly order them -
>> unfortunately, it doesn't integrate with the input methods on Windows
>> correctly such that it gets the wrong charcodes and therefore
> > displays the wrong glyphs.
>>

>Did you test it on bidi-enabled Windows (e.g., Hebrew)?

        I tested on Windows 2000 with Hebrew and Arabic support
enabled. Word2000 works just fine in entering/editing those
languages, but Abi isn't working :(.

> I was warned that the AW bidi handling might clash with the Win bidi
>support (effectively cancelling each other out).

        I don't believe the problem is in BiDi, I think it's a
general non-Roman language issue. For example, has anyone tested our
CJK support on Windows??

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
Coola Signature: <http://signature.coola.com/?leonardr@lazerware.com>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65