Re: morning hack...

Subject: Re: morning hack...
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 22:08:03 CDT

At 09:50 PM 4/12/01 -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
>>Re. the current hacks going on I'm sure no one can really tell. :-)

As my prior post suggests, Mike's point here is what I'm most concerned
about. Finishing stuff is a *lot* more work than starting it.

>>But do you agree about a month-long (or even longer if proven necessary -
>>feature) freeze before 1.0? IMO it's crucial, but in this case I want
>>everyone to be on the same track: Known "real" bugs == no release.
>
>An arbitrary-length freeze is essential. I volunteer to coordinate this.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

>Continue hacking...

This part worries me, though. Dom, are you volunteering to singlehandedly
finish all the existing work while everyone else does the new hacking?
That's noble of you, but it sounds pretty unfair, and conceivably
overwhelming.

>>IMO 1.0 is *the* most important release we *ever* is going to make. That's
>>the release that's going to mark AW quality. If we can prove (and we can)
>>that we can deliver a rock solid 1.0 we'll probably be on our way towards
>>1.2. If not, well...
>
>Agreed. This is how we are going to be percieved forever.

Bingo.

Paul