Re: morning hack...

Subject: Re: morning hack...
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 02:05:27 CDT

Sam TH écrit:

> Well, since the CVS tree will be closed to fancy new features during
> the freeze, I expect that there will significant incentive for other
> people to help as well. I think bug squashing will definitely be the
> order of the day.

I think we should make a release branch to put fixes in (an incorporate them
into the trunk). Then the branch will lead to a new release, then closed
when the final is here. The trunk will be the next release base.

This is the only way I see to be able to fix and release something stable
will not preventing hackers to put new feature into the next release. Trust
me, preventing them to put new features in the tree is a good way to stop
them.

Just my .02 EUR

Hub