Re: Patch: Win32 IME support

Subject: Re: Patch: Win32 IME support
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 08:52:21 CDT

Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> Well we're using ALT+1,ALT+2,ALT+3 as text size keys. We may
> need to handle keypad events specially?

Yes. In any other windows application you can use ALT + n, where 'n' is the
decimal value of either the ANSI codepage or the OEM codepage character
depending on wether NK_0 was the first number or not. Ehh, not the best of
explanations. Let's try it like this:

(WM_SYSKEYD+U = WM_SYSKEYDOWN + WM_SYSKEYUP)

WM_SYSKEYDOWN (fAltDown: 1)
WM_SYSKEYD+U VM_NUMPAD9
WM_SYSKEYD+U VM_NUMPAD1
WM_KEYUP VK_MENU

would result in the insertion of a left square bracket ('[') by the next
message:
WM_CHAR chCharCode 91.

(yes, this is really the sequence of keyboard messages, just checked using
Spy++)

This is a clear indication that we must also use WM_CHAR even when we've
gotten no WM_KEYDOWN.

/Mike