Re: Graphic Images

Subject: Re: Graphic Images
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 21:11:41 CDT

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> >For OLE/Bonobo, I request that there is a requirement to store the latest
> >state of the object as a picture (choose the best format, SVG coming on
> >the first row).
>
> Yup! Martin and I were discussing this the other night on chat...

We definately need to store the latest state of of the object as a
picture. I think it should be a vectore graphics format. The obvious best
candidate is SVG. Storing as a vector graphics format gives a lossless
format so we can zoom without loss of defination. It prints without loss
of definition too. In principle it is smaller than a raster image too.

However we need a library capable of translating a SVG data stream to an
image of arbitary resolution (like a 2000 dpi printer..)

Cheers

Martin