Re: Project Of the Week page updated

Subject: Re: Project Of the Week page updated
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 11:58:38 CDT

At 01:02 PM 4/26/01 +0200, Jesper Skov wrote:
>I've just updated the POW/uPOW page and changed its format some.
>Please go and have a look at http://www.abisource.com/pow.phtml

Snazzy! Thanks for freshening this up. I really like the look. (Did you
mean to have those sfx tags showing?)

>If I've missed some POWs or their ZAP message, or if you disagree with
>the state or credits of any POW (in particular I'm unsure about the
>state of uPOW week 9, 2001), please let me know.

March 9, 2001 (red) -- Bill wrote up a tricky little POW to speed up bulk
spell check via subtle manipulation of the timers used. However, he didn't
label it as a POW, so I did.

2001 week 9 (yellow) -- Karl has created the necessary matrix, filled it out
for his locale (nn-NO), and checked it into the source tree. Next steps:

  - proof the matrix
  - get it mirrored to the website
  - solicit volunteers to test the other 24 locales

2001 week 6 (yellow) -- AFAIK, Karl has gotten one of these two matrices
updated for his platform (Win32). Next steps:

  - proof the matrix (he's been dying for feedback)
  - get his version mirrored to the website
  - solicit volunteers to test the other 5 platforms
  - start doing similar work for the feature matrix

2000 week 13 -- Should be "draw", not "draft"

1999 week 47 (yellow) -- Owen got the ball rolling by doing the scripts for
step 1. Next steps: 2-4 of the original POW.

>As you will see, we have a lot of outstanding POWs from this
>year. Hopefully the updated page will help raise awareness of this,
>and get someone to volunteer (hint! hint!)

Go, go, go!

Paul