do Win32 encoding, IME, etc. changes all Just Work?

Subject: do Win32 encoding, IME, etc. changes all Just Work?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 20:58:52 CDT

Historically, most of the i18n and BiDi work has been done in Linux and XP
code, and those of us on other platforms have had to sit back and wait,
envious.

From scanning backwards through the archives, it looks like first Mitchell
and now Andrew have been doing a ton of useful work to get Tomas and Vlad's
XP work up to speed on Windows as well.

Could someone summarize where we currently are on all that? Is everything
checked in? Does it all Just Work? If I wanted to try any of this stuff
out, how would I test it?

If not, where are we currently? What are the next steps?

Paul