Re: do Win32 encoding, IME, etc. changes all Just Work?

Subject: Re: do Win32 encoding, IME, etc. changes all Just Work?
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 04:24:38 CDT

--- Paul Rohr <paul@abisource.com> wrote:
> Historically, most of the i18n and BiDi work has
> been done in Linux and XP
> code, and those of us on other platforms have had to
> sit back and wait,
> envious.
>
> From scanning backwards through the archives, it
> looks like first Mitchell
> and now Andrew have been doing a ton of useful work
> to get Tomas and Vlad's
> XP work up to speed on Windows as well.
>
> Could someone summarize where we currently are on
> all that? Is everything
> checked in? Does it all Just Work? If I wanted to
> try any of this stuff
> out, how would I test it?
>
> If not, where are we currently? What are the next
> steps?

Well none of my Win32 changes were ever committed.
I'm
not sure why. Since my last submission the Encoding
Manager has changed a little and mine needs changing
match it. I've been dragged away from Open Source for
a little paid work and a little vacation so I'm not
working on it for a week or two more sorry.

I did have all locales working as far as I could tell
at that time - including the new Win2000 Unicode
locales. IME input was also working on pre-Windows
2000 and on 2000 for the native language but not for
other languages. I found the solution to this problem
and had only the implementation to finish before I put
AbiWord on the back burner.

Having said that, the diffs I posted should pretty
much work though a new Win32EncodingManager is
probably needed.

Looking forward to resuming this work. Good luck.

Andrew.