Re: AltERNATIVE-InsertMETHOD: yudit.org

Subject: Re: AltERNATIVE-InsertMETHOD: yudit.org
From: oldo (oldo@CoLi.Uni-SB.DE)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 21:47:08 CDT

Hello Paul,
I go on with the linux-utf8 influence here ... :-)

For a way of doing input methods easy, configurable and extendable you
might want to take a look at *the* unicode text editor on GNU/UN*X:
GPLed >> yudit << at www.yudit.org. watch out for

# ------------- quotation from yudit.org --------------------------

>Easy-to-make key-input maps that can be created to input scripts with a
>two-way English transliteration scheme. Yudit comes with more than thirty
>transliteration maps contributed by Yudit users from all over the World.

AND the unicode input method is just one of them. A neat General approach.
And proven and you colud use the mapping table that come with the yudit
distribution.

cheers
oldo

--