Anyone else on this list running QNX?

Subject: Anyone else on this list running QNX?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 07:32:30 CDT

Just curious,

  I don't run much of anything other than QNX these days (go figure)
so I was wondering if there was some kind soul that ran QNX as well
as one of the other platforms (preferrably Unix/Gnome) that might
be able to periodically run some "visual" comparisons to ensure
that things are in sync (more or less).

  I'm interested in this from the QNX platform maintainer
perspective but I think that it would be a good thing to organize
a couple of lists:

Platform Maintainers:
-> People who build releases for a particular platform and
   can be considered SME's (subject matter experts) on those
   platforms

Cross Checkers:
-> People who regularily run two or more platforms that Abi
   builds on and can help with behaviour validation (ie things
   work on platform X the same as platform Y) and visual
   consistancy (things on platform X are more or less in the
   same location/position as platform Y ... though the actual
   "look" may differ).

Language Maintainers:
-> People who use Abi in one language and have a working
   knowledge on english and can provide a point of contact
   when we need to update language strings.

(Other people ... ie Documenters?)

These people would all be "organized" by the release manager
or his/her minions when we actually build a release to make
sure that things are as in sync as possible.

Thomas