Re: commit: fp_TextRun.h/cpp, gr_Graphics.h

Subject: Re: commit: fp_TextRun.h/cpp, gr_Graphics.h
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 08:52:59 CST

At 01:04 PM 12/9/2001 +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>I added a new value DGP_POSTSCRIPT to the
>GR_Graphics::Properties enum, which makes it possible to fine-
>tune things for printing.

         How about a more descriptive name like - "ERASE_REALLY_ERASES"?

>All graphics classes that behave in screen-
>like manner (i.e., drawing a white rectangle over black text results
>in the text being erased) should return false when queried for
>DGP_POSTSCRIPT), while all classes that behave like PostScript
>(i.e., drawing a white rectangle over black text does nothing to the
>text previously output) should return true when queried. I

         I am not sure what you mean by "does nothing to text previously
output". It is true that that text is still rendered to the PS file - BUT
it will end up being "covered" in the final document.

         And what about the case where you are doing GDI/Win32 rendering to
a Postscript or PCL device (or even something like PDFWriter) where you end
up with "text coverage" instead of "real erasure"??

Leonard