Re: Another Bogus Document

Subject: Re: Another Bogus Document
From: Chris Winne (chris@micro-mania.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 09:26:17 CST

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:26:47AM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 07:59, Chris Winne wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have attached a 2426 bzipped tarfile called AbiTest.tar.bz2,
> > which contains two files, Bogus.abw and Works.abw.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Both documents load fine here. I bet that you somehow have a copy of
> AbiWord built against libxml2 instead of expat (different XML parsers).
> We don't officially support libxml2 and releasing a binary built against
> it was a mistake.
>
> If you can, please upgrade to AbiWord 0.9.6.1 or if you can, build Abi
> from source. This will use the expat parser and everything should "just
> work"
>
> Dom

Thanks Dom! Great call.

I did build from source, the latest CVS. ...'tis far more convenient with a
28800 modem...

However, configure.in has a line: dnl --with-libxml2

And, config.status includes:

s%@LIBWMF_LIBS@%-L/usr/local/lib -lwmf -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lxml2 -lz -L/lib -lm -L/usr/lib -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm%g
s%@XML_CONFIG@%xml2-config%g
s%@XML_CFLAGS@%-I/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/include -DHAVE_LIBXML2%g
s%@XML_LIBS@%-L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -L/lib -lm%g

I'll clean it up and rebuild. Glad to know its just me :)

[:(] It's probably a result of myself tiring of the -- no png support, need
libwmf -- error in wv (to paraphrase), which is when I do believe I threw in
xml2 (which libwmf was asking for). Hey, it's great entertainment!! ..and
since I only to pretend to know at all what I'm doing, digging myself out
of the messes I make can only enlighten.

Chris