Re: a tooltip question

Subject: Re: a tooltip question
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 03:20:08 CST

 --- "Michael D. Pritchett" <mpritchett@attglobal.net>
wrote: >
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>

> > Why are the tooltips and the toolbar-related
> status bar messages
> > kept in the ap_TB_LabelSet_*.h files, and not
> together with the rest
> > of the strings in the string files? If we did that
> we could use a single
> > localisation mechanism, the present system seems
> to be rather
> > messy.
> >
> > Tomas
> >

> Tomas -
>
> I didn't port the tooltips to the strings as I did
> with menues due to the
> added complexity of the XPMs. Once 1.0 is release,
> I with the help of Dom
> plan to move all strings into the .string file and
> work up a method for

Cool! I've also been known to enquire about this.
When doing this redesign you might want to consider
another strings related problem which is due to come
up shortly and bother us. That is strings for plugins
- they're currently hard-coded in English but soon
they're going to need l10n and we probably don't want
ad-hoc methods for each plugin... scary (:

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com