Re: PATCH request: edit headers

Subject: Re: PATCH request: edit headers
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 18:51:28 CST

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> The edit headers menu items and toolbar can get out of sync.
> You can even edit a header that's not inserted.

This is a` feature not a bug :-) If a header is not inserted one is
inserted and the cursor is placed there ready to enter text. The idea is
to make editting headers/footers as seemless as possible.

> This quick patch makes the menu & the toolbar ghosting work the same.
>
> I'm not convinced that headers & footers actually work at all :-),

Please be specific and enter bugzilla reports for any broken behaviour.

Your patch looks a little strange to me. I'm not sure why m_pViewMode ==
VIEW_NORMAL should make the header/footer buttons turn grey. I
think these should ONLY ever be grey if someone is currently
editting the same header/footer as the button.

> clear the ghosting of the menu & toolbar should be identical.

Yes. Maybe the menu's should be fixed here. There is a long standing bug
with the remove header/footer button not turning grey after a
header/footer is deleted. Your patch gives me an idea of what the issue
might really be. Maybe we need to define an action function like you've
done.

Cheers

Martin