Re: Russian Leters in Abiword 0.7 under OpenBSD 2.7

Subject: Re: Russian Leters in Abiword 0.7 under OpenBSD 2.7
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 15:21:32 CST

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 12:06:48AM +0300, ppnmrv wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I know, that all russian patches are puted on abiword 0.7.12,
> but in my distribute of bsd I found port of 0.7 version Abiword.
>
> I compiled it and run and of course before running I put in fonts dir
> nessesary russian fonts, which work fine with patched Abiword-0.7.11 (with
> that russian patches), but when I tried to open russian document or
> to write on russian, there was no russian letters! I saw symbols, which
> aren't russian.
>
> The question: is this (0.7) version is already patched for russian or not?

Well, I'm not sure which version version 0.7 is. There were a lot of
0.7.x versions. The best idea is to get 0.7.12, where we know that
Russian works.

> Suggestion: It's a good idea to have precompiled binaries for OpenBSD.

We'll have binaries as soon as you provide them. :-) If you want to do
that, just let me know.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/