Re: PATCH: Compilation with LIBXML2 was broken

Subject: Re: PATCH: Compilation with LIBXML2 was broken
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 15:00:35 CST

Martin Sevior wrote:

> Just so people know, there is a really reason for having a LibXML version
> of abi. The gtkmathML (a really high quality project to display
> mathML) widget uses libxml2. Once 1.0 is out I want to port gtkmathml to
> abi. Having libxml2 will really help us get math into abi.

I still think somebody should take a hard look at both expat and libxml,
and either encapsulate their interface, or do some different sensible
thing. The amount of typecasts just to support both of them is truly
astounding at the moment. And no, I am not volunteering ;-)

Thanks,
  Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol