Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.)

Subject: Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 00:14:19 CST

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Mike Nordell wrote:

> > collapsible outlining
>
> I just wanted to let you know that this stuff has as long as I can remember
> been called "a Fold". Make a search on the net for "Folding Editor". This is
> _exactly_ what we're discussing and want (I think). No?

I don't see why we need to collapse a list to cut and paste it. The
current abi can cut and paste lists without collasping the text. The only
reason I can see for wanting such a feature is to reuse the list structure
with totally different text. It's not clear how often one needs that
feature. Never-the-less having a "cut special" to remove text and leave
the the list structure in place could be done before 1.0 I think.

Martin