Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.)

Subject: Re: outlines vs. lists (was Re: Commit: Various Lists UI improvements.)
From: Ruth A. Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 15:17:51 CST

Martin,

Based on the discussion I've heard, I think lists and outlines are two
separate features that have some similarities (maybe) -- outlining
(folding) is more a feature / function of an entire document. Thus, as
you say, there is no need to collapse a list to copy and paste it (until
the outlining feature is implemented which might collapse a list as part
of other text under a heading).

Hope this helps!
Raqndy Kramer