Re: Commit: Phase 2 of Page Setup.

Subject: Re: Commit: Phase 2 of Page Setup.
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 00:52:00 CST

I can't fix this (though I've tried for 2 hours tonight). I got the ruler
units to properly update, though, so I've committed that (XP code).

For some reason, like 5 gtk calls that you would expect to emit an
"activate" or "select" signal just don't. gtk_option_menu_set_history is one
of these, as well as gtk_menu_activate and gtk_menu_shell_activate_item
(WTF???)

If you try to use GtkMenuShell->active_menu_item you'll find that it is NULL
and thus unusable (even after these calls). If you try to do anything to set
the active menu item (like gtk_menu_item_activate) AbiWord segfaults with no
useful information printed (segv's right after the event handler returns in
GTK+ code). I've even tried gtk_signal_emit_by_name for God's sake!!

So I have but one question: WTF?????

Frustratedly,
Dom