Re: Commit: Phase 2 of Page Setup.

Subject: Re: Commit: Phase 2 of Page Setup.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 04:31:23 CST

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> I can't fix this (though I've tried for 2 hours tonight). I got the ruler
> units to properly update, though, so I've committed that (XP code).
>
> For some reason, like 5 gtk calls that you would expect to emit an
> "activate" or "select" signal just don't. gtk_option_menu_set_history is one
> of these, as well as gtk_menu_activate and gtk_menu_shell_activate_item
> (WTF???)
>
> If you try to use GtkMenuShell->active_menu_item you'll find that it is NULL
> and thus unusable (even after these calls). If you try to do anything to set
> the active menu item (like gtk_menu_item_activate) AbiWord segfaults with no
> useful information printed (segv's right after the event handler returns in
> GTK+ code). I've even tried gtk_signal_emit_by_name for God's sake!!
>
> So I have but one question: WTF?????
>
> Frustratedly,
> Dom

 I had similar problems with the Lists dialog which is one reason it gave
such weird behaviour initially.

Maybe the gtk Lists dialog code might help but you look to be doing what I
did. The bug seems to show up only on the initial invocation of the
dialog.

On the second invocation it works. This might be a clue.

Martin