Re: version 1.0

Subject: Re: version 1.0
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:54:32 CST

Sam> Do you want the big branch to come _after_ 1.0? If so, I'll
Sam> think about that. Of course, none of this is set in stone. Or
Sam> even in peanut butter. :-)

Yes, that's what I suggest.

My fear is that we (the hackers) will spend all our time adding funky
features to 1.1 while we should be concentrating on fixing reported
bugs on 1.0.

We could use the quiet time between the initial 1.0 release and the
opening of the 1.1 tree to lay plans for what should go in 1.1 and
design stuff before we start implementing it.

I know we're all volunteers, and hacking away is lots more fun than
talking about it. But most of us are also professionals and know that
in the end, better things get out if they're properly designed. And in
this period, we can always entertain our hacker genes by fixing bugs...

I know that once 1.1 opens I'll probably be interested in starting on
the much hyped reorg / update of the backend. That would without
question take priority over fixing bugs...

Jesper