Re: version 1.0

Subject: Re: version 1.0
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 08:59:26 CST

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

Martin> Really the person with the best knowledge of that code is
Martin> Jesper.

While probably true, that's a _very_ scary statement. I really
consider myself clueless when it comes to the backend of AbiWord
(well, any other part as well :)

Martin> I can give it some QA in terms of use and have a look at
Martin> where the code intersects our current layout code. I would
Martin> feel more comfortable committing it if Jesper and others also
Martin> review it.

I will be happy to look some more on it when I get back home. I'd like
some handholding on how to test it - I really don't want to spend time
figuring that out.

Incidently, fixing the known problems in the backend is going to make
this job easier. I think we've made some progress on that front
recently, so things are getting better...

Martin> I REALLY like the idea of a 1.0 with bidi. There are lots of
Martin> great Hewbrew hackers and a significant number of people who
Martin> could use bidi support.

Agree. But at the same time I can't help think it really belongs in
1.1. But seeing as that's probably months out in the future, we
should try to get it in before 0.9.

Jesper