Re: Normal mode (Was Re: outlines vs. lists)

Subject: Re: Normal mode (Was Re: outlines vs. lists)
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 09:11:05 CST

Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> Also, maybe someone wants to bring back Mike Nordell's mike-cursor patch
or
> something equivalent to it. It'd be really nice if someone could.

Again, IIRC Jesper mentioned something about bringing this to use. But I
can't possibly believe he'd be upset if someone did beat him to it.

I might add that the cursor patch does contain a few things. It should
possibly have been two patches & classes. The initial "display cursor" one
should handle the display of the cursor (blinking and turning it on/off). I
unfortunately gave it one additional responsibility, handling cursor
movements. That last one should have been in yet another class. Perhaps this
makes it even easier to choose which of these two areas to "grab"?

> >(And, I too would like to see Normal view implemented in AbiWord.)

We are getting a few now. I think this should also be added to the TODO
(like my own TODO this one is growing by the day! ;-> ). I unfortunately
can't do it right now.

/Mike