platform resources (was Re: commit -- libglade support)

Subject: platform resources (was Re: commit -- libglade support)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 14:20:02 CST

At 02:17 PM 2/7/01 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>I also have some questions. What is our scheme for resources and source
>code modules that come from application builders. I have totally stayed
>away from the application builder under QNX because it generates a
>hierarchy of directories for modules you generate (it is also less
>efficient but that is neither here nor there). For BeOS all of the
>dialog resources are currently stored in the wp/main/beos directory.

Yeah, I noticed that once and meant to comment on it, but wasn't near a
mailer. Sorry.

>How do we differentiate between WP specific dialogs and AF dialogs?
>I'd like to see something that we can use on all of the platforms
>rather than just somethign which is glade speecific.

Here's the scheme we've been using all along for the Win32 builds -- namely,
put the resources into the same directory as the matching code:

abi/src/af/xap/win
------------------
Container for all Windows resources for XAP stuff:

  xap_Win32Resources.rc2

Specific XAP dialogs:

  xap_Win32Res_DlgInsertSymbol.rc2
  xap_Win32Res_DlgWindowMore.rc2
  xap_Win32Res_DlgZoom.rc2

abi/src/wp/ap/win
-----------------
Ditto for app-specific stuff:

  ap_Win32Resources.rc2
  ap_Win32Res_Dlg*.rc2
  ap_Win32Res_Icons.rc2

abi/src/wp/ap/win/main
Where it all comes together:

  Win32Main.rc

If you'd like, I can also dig out the makefile magic used to locate all of
the above.

Paul