Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 10:36:28 CST

>I didn't mention this earlier, because I thought (without actually
>checking) that this was just a UnixGnome feature. However, it appears
>to intorduce Gnome dependencies into the GTK version of AbiWord.

You probably were downloading the wrong libs here. A GTK only version
supposedly works just fine. I just think that the gnome ones are built by
default, so this might be screwing up apt...

>Additionally, the glade runtime has a dependency on libxml. Given
>this, it seems there wouldn't be a point to still having expat.

On libxml1 yes, not libxml2.

>Further, this is *not* available on all Unices. What's the current
>state of AIX packages for libglade? How about IRIX? We shipped both
>of those for 0.7.12.

True dat...

>Unless there are satisfactory answers to these problems (like the
>libglade maintainers promising that every release they make builds on
>every Unix we have a makefile for) I'm going to invoke another feature
>of the Apache voting system we've discussed, and veto this change.

I say revert the changes to the unix and gnome dialog (and other files) but
archive the Unix break dialog (in its current state) to src/glade for future
reference.

Dom