RE: commit -- libglade support

Subject: RE: commit -- libglade support
From: Sprague, ITSN (spraguee@msc.naples.navy.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 11:19:55 CST

Well, I'm no core-team hacker, just a lurker, but IMexceptionallyHO, it
seems to me like glade should be shelved temporarily, at least until
libglade uses libxml2, rather than libxml1. This might also be the requisite
excuse to 86 expat under UNIX (if doing this is in fact desirable...) As for
the AIX/IRIX problem, I don't know AIX or IRIX any too well, but how hard
would it be to port libglade to them (I'm not suggesting that we do this,
just maybe make it a feature request to the glade folks).

Maybe I'm just talking through my hat, but it seems to me like adding glade
at this point falls squarely into the 'U-gly hack' category...