Re: Mime-types

Subject: Re: Mime-types
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 18:27:09 CST

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, WJCarpenter wrote:

> (Actually, the real culprit is Excel spreadsheets, which seem to have
> a minimum bulk of a couple megs. If we had an importer that converted
> and Excel spreadsheet into a static table in AbiWord, well, I could
> start renting out my extra disk space.)

We'll make gnome user out of you yet :-) Import it into gnumeric (I have
yet to have gnumeric fail on XLS import), export it as a native gnumeric
file (gzipped XML), and you get orders of magnitude reduction in file
size.

Eventually we will embeded gnumeric files in Abi so your dream will come
true :-)

Martin