Re: libglade is evil

Subject: Re: libglade is evil
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 18:37:58 CST

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 01:38:17PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> libglade adds two annoying dependencies to abiword. It makes abi's
> libxml2 support useless. I oppose the use of libglade (and glade
> itself, for that matter) in any non-optional AbiWord code.

ok, this is IT!:

bash-2.04# apt-get install libglade0-dev
  gnome-libs-data libart-dev libesd0-dev libglade0 libglade0-dev libgnome-dev
  libgnome32 libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 libgnorba-dev libgnorba27
  libxml-dev

By using libglade, you are turning gnome into a build-dependency! You
are making GNOME a requirement for AbiWord and destroying GTK-only
support.

Grrrrrrrrrrr