Re: Normal mode (Was Re: outlines vs. lists)

Subject: Re: Normal mode (Was Re: outlines vs. lists)
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 19:05:33 CST

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 09:35:02AM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> If you check out http://www.abisource.com/~sam/patches/ you'll see
> aaron-normal.patch. I don't know how well this worked or how complete it is,
> but how about I try to resurrect it from the grave?
>
> Was this your work, AaronL?

Hi,

Yes, it was my fault ;-). It was the first thing I started on with
AbiWord. I haven't really touched it since I sent
http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/00/June/0396.html,
which corresponds to the patch at
http://www.abisource.com/~sam/patches/. I stopped working on it
becuase it was "kind of" working but the last 10% was 90% of the work,
and it required intimate understanding of the formatter, which I do
not have. It would be nice if someone would pick it up and finally
make it Just Work.

The latest revision is the one in the patch archive, and it shouldn't
be to hard to get it to apply to CVS (probably not more than an
half-hour's work).

Alternatively, if anyone experienced can help me with the issues that
I encountered and those that I would encounter, I would be willing to
resume work on the patch (after the glade mess is sorted out, of course
;-)). In particular, I think printing got pretty screwed up by the
way I messed with the margins, and I could not fake the margins on the
printout no matter how hard I tried.

Paul once sent out a nice post with some ideas but IIRC it was over my
head.