Re: commit -- libglade support

Subject: Re: commit -- libglade support
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 22:29:12 CST

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 07:11:39PM +0100, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
> > yes. I prefer to see the libglade issues solved, but if there are not
> > solved I (or Martin) will degladeify the dialog.
>
> I have a compromise.
>
> The GNOME build can use libglade. The GTK builds can use glade's code
> generation feature to avoid the prohibutive dependencies.
>
> I despise the code that glade outputs, but I'm willing to offer this
> comprise. And it's the most I'll budge on this point.

Never fear, Joaquin and I will deal with the output of glade, which is not
too bad if you specify the variable names within it.

I agree with Joaquin about leaving libglade support in place until the
Lists dialog is finished. It is much easier to do protyping this way and
we know how much heat the Lists dialog generates.

Cheers

Martin