Re: libglade summary

Subject: Re: libglade summary
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 08:29:37 CST

>That has (*nearly*) nothing to do with xp. We didn't have bonobo
>support 1 year ago only because I'm lazy (and due to the way I took to
>build the abi menus in the gnome build... but it was mainly because I'm
>lazy).

Yeah, bonobo support is eventually coming. We should have way better support
than OpenOffice, actually.

> > Instead I see that we have gettext and abiword doesn't use it, we
> > have an aa canvas but abiword doesn't use it, we have other cool stuff

The former and the latter sound like an argument I once had with Miguel
deIcaza (Gnome leader).
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-office-list/2000-November/msg00070.html

I think I'll hack together a GnomeCanvasGraphics engine tonight and see how
it compares to our GTK+ one...

>you could continue:
>
> * We have gnome-print support and abiword doesn't use it... WHAT? WAIT
>A MOMENT!! Hell, actually abiword uses it!!?
> * We have a lot of cool widgets in gal, and abiword doesn't use it,
>because is xp, and well, you know... But, what's that? Abi uses gal!!?
> * We can build dialogs without a glitch using the glade/libglade combo
>and you can't... (except in the libglade-lists branch, and when these
>little problems with libglade disappears I hope it will be used too...
>in the meantime, we just use the glade output as nearly everybody :)
> * etc etc etc (sorry, but I can not think in any interesting lib right
>know...)

Dom