Re: AbiWord on an SGI Indigo ??

Subject: Re: AbiWord on an SGI Indigo ??
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 12:09:54 CST

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 10:22:58AM +0000, J.L.Gilmour@exeter.ac.uk wrote:

> I have an SGI Indigo - IP20 board, 150Mhz R4000 processor, 192Mb RAM,
> Irix 6.5.6 etc.etc. After painful downloading over modem of the IRIX
> version of AbiWord, it reports it will not run on my 'platform'.
>
> So a couple of questions:
>
> - I presume its the old IP20 board which is the problem
>
> - I will need to compile from the source
>
> I'm happy to do this, including uploading the binaries somewhere public,
> but obviously I'd rather not do it if there's already a version precompiled.

Well, most of the people here are unlikely to be able to diagnose your
problem, since no one uses IRIX. That binary was donated by a user
with and IRIX machine.

So, if you want to contribute and updated binary, feel free to. The
sources you should compile are in CVS, with the tag
release-version-0-7-12-2

Thanks

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu