Re: Is there any opposition to a debian/ top-level subdir?

Subject: Re: Is there any opposition to a debian/ top-level subdir?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 20:04:21 CST

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 05:13:52PM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 03:44:05PM -0800, Paul Rohr wrote:
> > I thought the whole point was to produce a Debian-format package --
> > basically a tarball with a specific format, no? -- that could be uploaded to
> > wherever official Debian things live. (Just because our stuff lives in CVS
> > in a slightly different format shouldn't matter.) This activity would
> > happen whenever the Debian maintainer wanted a release blessed with the
> > magic Debian holy water.
>
> No.

One more quick question, aaron. What Paul seems to be suggesting is
that before you create the orig.tar.gz, you run some make command.
Then the autobuilders @ debian would be just fine, and it would only
be a hassle for the person uploading the source package.

Am I missing something here?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/