Re: Is there any opposition to a debian/ top-level subdir?

Subject: Re: Is there any opposition to a debian/ top-level subdir?
From: Darren O. Benham (gecko@benham.net)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 18:42:35 CST

The main problem is with the debian packaging tools. They'll create the
source tarball before running any make targets...

hmmm. as I think about it.. that might work for the initial packaging for
debian. The Debian autocompilers will uncompress the tarball and expect the
debian/ directory to be there. It'll call the makefile there called "rules"
and expect it to handle just about everything....

The special target woudln't be used for anything but the initial (i386)
package...

Darren