Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes

Subject: Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 16:03:21 CST

Thomas Fletcher wrote:
> Why can't we just use
> RIGHT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK (0x00BB)
> LEFT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK (0x00AB)
> and perhaps
> NOT SIGN (0x00AC) or REVERSED NOT SIGN (0x2310)
>
> I just happen to have the Unicode 2.0 standard sitting
> on my desk in front of me to look for pretty pictures.

I might add that all we poor bastards using W2k might want to type "charmap"
and press return. After checking the "Advanced view" checkbox it display
*quite* some info. Anyone interested in the Hebrew or Cyrillic subrange that
unicode font contains? :-) (I actually got a list of 47 (I think) Unicode
subranges). Could be useful to us since it also dispalys the 0x%4x value. It
also supports searching by the "name" for symbols (e.g. I searched for
"right-pointing" and got to the symbol Thomas referred to). Tell me I'm
insane, but I kind'of like it.

/Mike