Re: Reveal codes (was Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes)

Subject: Re: Reveal codes (was Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 12:03:46 CST

At 07:57 AM 2/15/01 -0500, Randy Kramer wrote:
>(Somehow I suspect you've thought about this occasionally. ;-)

The first time I understood what Reveal Codes was for -- ie, Delete Unwanted
Codes -- my immediate and visceral reaction was:

  Ick. An ugly UI to make up for a fundamental design flaw.

I've made this unsupported claim often enough, without ever making a dent in
the worldview of diehard WordPerfect lovers, that I figured it was high time
I gave a better explanation.

Adding the HTML and full-bore SGML categories was a spur-of-the-moment
inspiration. Now we see whether I've shed any light there, either, or just
fanned the flames. ;-)

Paul,
no friend of Revlon(tm)