Re: Backend changes ready for commit - please test it!

Subject: Re: Backend changes ready for commit - please test it!
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 05:54:46 CST

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> writes:
Martin> I'm thinking about introducing a new member variable into
Martin> fl_BlockLayout. m_bisHdrftrSection true for blocks attached
Martin> to hdrftr sections.

Martin> then fp_Run 's and fp_Line 's attached to this block could
Martin> grab the member variable in their constructors and use it to
Martin> short circuit any draw or clearscreen methods. That way we
Martin> could format these HdrFtrSection blocks as usual and all the
Martin> usual editting stuff would work fine. The draw and clearscreen
Martin> methods would just get short circuited.

Martin> ie

Martin> fp_line::draw(void) { if(m_bisHdrFtrSection) return;

Martin> What do you think?

I like the idea, but not the implementation. It introduces a (arguably
negligible) overhead on the rendering of the majority of the lines to
work around a problem with headers/footers.

Instead, make a new subclass that overrides draw with a NOP function.

Jesper