Re: Backend changes ready for commit - please test it!

Subject: Re: Backend changes ready for commit - please test it!
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 12:03:51 CST

ms> I'm thinking about introducing a new member variable into
ms> fl_BlockLayout. m_bisHdrftrSection true for blocks attached to
ms> hdrftr sections.

The basic idea sounds ok, but here's 2 cents worth of implementation
reaction:

Would this sort of thing be better as a method instead of a variable?
It's entirely plausible to me that the method of keeping track of
header/footer stuff could change someday, and keeping the variable
properly up-to-date could become a pain. A method that didn't pay
much performance cost to dynamically check could encapsulate the whole
behavior.

I was thinking more along the lines of method that returned what kind
of section it was in, which basically falls into two camps: part of
the main document, and "other stuff". Besides headers and footers,
there are footnotes, end notes, and I don't know what else.