Re: [Release] 0.7.13 is ready to go

Subject: Re: [Release] 0.7.13 is ready to go
From: Diego Sueiro (dhsueiro@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 13:34:14 CST

--- tomabi@jules.briggs.cx wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Diego Sueiro wrote:
>
> > I had this problem too ( compiling from cvs ) when
> > this modification was introduced. Whoever did it (
>
> > haven't checked CVS blame ) prepended the include
> with
> > a minus sign, intending, I guess, that make won't
> fail
> > if the included file cannot be found. That doesn't
> > work in my box at all.
>
> That was exactly my intent. I guess I shouldn't
> have assumed that
> -include would work correctly on all platforms (what
> platform are you on,
> anyway?)
>
> I'll ifdef-WIN32 it so you guys don't have to
> worry about it.

Wouldn't it be better to have this file in CVS as an
empty file with a comment in it explaining the
rational
about this file?

One may argue this would defeat the original purpose (

having a file to put local settings in, that wouldn't
be modified by CVS update ), but I don't think that's
the case as this file should never be modified in CVS.

Developers who customize it should be careful not to
commit it by error, though.

Of course, you could just ifdef-WIN32 the include, as
you propose, an put the comments there.

just my 2e-2,
diego