Re: Gnotices coverage

Subject: Re: Gnotices coverage
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 05:47:11 CST

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Tim Allen wrote:

> I just checked the coverage in Gnotices, and was surprised to see that the
> feedback is mainly positive! Must be a first. AFAICT, none of the usual
> whining about the "costs" of cross-platform development slowing the
> project down, or about how C++ is evil because the poster doesn't
> understand it. Possible explanations:
>
> 1) the quality of discourse on Gnotices has improved
>
> 2) AbiWord has, by sheer persistence, established itself better in Gnomish
> hearts and minds
>
> 3) AbiWord is now actually good enough that finding serious fault is a
> task beyond the typical Gnotices whinger
>
> I suspect a combination of 2 and 3 :-).

Actually I think it's because AbiWord hackers have such a reputation for
dousing flames on Gnotices that no one tries anymore. Maybe they think
they can get us to shutup about how great Abi is if they don't say
anything :-)

(I think about half the posts on Gnotices come from Abi hackers anyway.)

Cheers

Martin