Re: Release/Tree closing

Subject: Re: Release/Tree closing
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 14:27:09 CDT

At 11:56 AM 7/11/01 -0700, I wrote:
>Thus, I'd encourage every AbiWord developer to do the following two-hour
>exercise *today*:
>
> - grab a fresh copy of the sources,
> - do a clean release build,
> - launch the product, and
> - imagine that you're your own worst Slashdot-trolling nightmare.
>
>In short, take a fresh look at the product with a critical eye.

[ ... ]

>The question I'll be asking myself when I finish building a fresh, clean
>view on Win32 is:
>
> Am I ready for somewhere between 50,000 and 200,000 people to
> judge us by the quality of *this* binary?
>
>Scary thought, huh? Time to go look...

By the way, it's quite clear that these are the kinds of questions we *each*
should have been asking ourselves when Martin sent his original pre-0.9.0
TODO list.

Am I the only slacker who's waited until now to do so? If so, I expect to
be quite happy with what I'll see when I rebuild.

Paul,
embarrassed that he didn't send these mails two weeks ago