Re: Release/Tree closing

Subject: Re: Release/Tree closing
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 14:33:30 CDT

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> At 11:56 AM 7/11/01 -0700, I wrote:
> >Thus, I'd encourage every AbiWord developer to do the following two-hour
> >exercise *today*:
> >
> > - grab a fresh copy of the sources,
> > - do a clean release build,
> > - launch the product, and
> > - imagine that you're your own worst Slashdot-trolling nightmare.
> >
> >In short, take a fresh look at the product with a critical eye.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> >The question I'll be asking myself when I finish building a fresh, clean
> >view on Win32 is:
> >
> > Am I ready for somewhere between 50,000 and 200,000 people to
> > judge us by the quality of *this* binary?
> >
> >Scary thought, huh? Time to go look...
>
> By the way, it's quite clear that these are the kinds of questions we *each*
> should have been asking ourselves when Martin sent his original pre-0.9.0
> TODO list.
>
> Am I the only slacker who's waited until now to do so? If so, I expect to
> be quite happy with what I'll see when I rebuild.
>
> Paul,
> embarrassed that he didn't send these mails two weeks ago

Thomas,

embarrased that he has been working on the Styles dialog for
a month now and it _still_ isn't working right. (though I
think that the implementation is rather messy ... very
reminiscent of the the list dialog mess ... both of these
dialogs might need to be revisited back-end wise to make
life easier in the future).

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf