Re: iconv.h on OS X

Subject: Re: iconv.h on OS X
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 08:54:50 CDT

Sam,

According to Sam TH <sam@uchicago.edu>:
> Well, I just installed OS X on one of the G3's in the office, and
> since it's the only box with a compiler around here, I decided to
> build AbiWord on it.
>
> After getting all the source, it configured properly (props to Frodo
> and Hub), except that the wv configure complained about the lack of
> iconv. I have libiconv as a peer dir, and wv has an iconv
> subdirectory, but it doesn't seem to like those.
>
> Then, when I try to compile, the compilation dies in wv/text.c, since
> it's unable to find iconv.h.
>
> Any suggestions? Do I have to install libiconv in some nice system
> location? Build it first?

1/ Build using autoconf :-) as I haven't tested the other for a while...

2/ Get the plain libiconv and install it using the standard procedure. It is
explained in the BUILD.TXT with URL to get these :-)
Same for libpng.

Sorry for the RTFM.

A side note:
Application bundle (ie wrapped binary à la NeXT) will be in
abi/src/wp/main/mac/AbiWord.app

To start from the shell you have to specify the FULL path:
abi/src/wp/main/mac/AbiWord.app/Contents/MacOS/AbiWord
This is the recommended way to go.

Hub