Some bugs in windows/xp

Subject: Some bugs in windows/xp
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 14:43:55 CDT

1. [Win] Clicking in the "help" toolbar item does
nothing.
1bis. [Win] Clicking in any of the "help" menubar
items does nothing.
2. [Win] Clicking in the "Plugins" menubar item does
nothing.
3. [Win] Menubar & toolbar items are correctly
localized, but dialog boxes are still in english (with
a notable exception, page setup dialog box has a
localized item (Márgenes (pulgadas)) (maybe it's a
local problem?). Everything else is in english (and
yes, the translation for these messages exists).
4. [XP] "Number of pages" field is not correctly
calculated.
Insert a "Number of pages" field in the footer, it
will say the number of pages (1)
fill some pages, scroll to see the value of number of
pages... it's still 1. If you "touch" it (go to the
cursor the position of the field, and insert an space
after it) it will get the right value.
5. [Win (XP?)] "Preview web page" segfaulted when you
try to "preview" a 6 pages document (with only a bunch
of "This is a test" lines, and a centered "[page
number]/[number of pages]" in the footer). With
little documents it seems to work.
5bis. [Win (XP?)] The output of "Preview web page"
when you have only a few lines of "This is a test" and
the same footer as before is a web page with

[snip]
class="ABI_FIELD_page_count">1</span>
[snip]

ie, it eats the '/' between the page number and the
page count and it outputs '?' as the page number
(instead of 1).

If I leave only the page number it works right.

6. [XP] The "Ctrl+[" & "Ctrl+]" keybindings don't
work in foreign keyboards (at least on these where you
should press Alt to get the '[' char, as in the
spanish one).

7. [Win] In the "Preferences" dialog box, the
"Spelling" tab has not enough space. The "Ignore
words in UPPERCASE" and "Ignore Internet and file
addresses" are cutted.

8. [Win (XP?)] "Insert symbol" dialog box, when you
first open it, you will see the first char (a blank
space) selected, select another item, and you see it
selected, but the "blank space" is yet selected.
Furthermore, if you do a full redraw (pass a window
over the insert symbol dialog) you will see that the
item that remains selected... IS THE blank space...
anyway, when you insert it in the document, the right
symbol is inserted (the last clicked one)...
8bis. [Win] The right side of this dialog has a ~20
pixels wide blank area...

9. [Win] The preview area of the "list dialog"
flickers as a mad.

And that's all the bugs that I've found after a 5
minutes look...

I will start filling bugs to bugzilla asap
Right now I'm trying the bug that saves the images
even if they are no more used...

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela