Re: Some bugs in windows/xp

Subject: Re: Some bugs in windows/xp
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 10:49:58 CDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joaquin Cuenca Abela" <e98cuenc@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 2:43 PM

> 3. [Win] Menubar & toolbar items are correctly
> localized, but dialog boxes are still in english (with
> a notable exception, page setup dialog box has a
> localized item (Márgenes (pulgadas)) (maybe it's a
> local problem?). Everything else is in english (and
> yes, the translation for these messages exists).

Joaquin -

On the Win platform, we are reusing and extending a lot of the common
dialogs. As a result, we let the OS translate those dialogs. If the OS is
not set for that language but AbiWord is you will get this mismatch of
languages.

> 7. [Win] In the "Preferences" dialog box, the
> "Spelling" tab has not enough space. The "Ignore
> words in UPPERCASE" and "Ignore Internet and file
> addresses" are cutted.

Most of these resulted when I modified the Preference dialog to mimic the
*nix layout. Unfortunately, some things are getting clipped.

> And that's all the bugs that I've found after a 5
> minutes look...

Gee - I new the Win32 was a bit behind, but you are making me feel bad. :)
Thanks for the review.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett

ps - Were you ever able to get Perl bindings to work under Windows?